Against all odds, a local fisherman named Runi attempts to organise his local community to protect endangered marine species around Jumba beach. His most fervent supporter is Abdul, a 12 year-old boy who balances his love for nature, his need to earn a living for his family, and his desire to go to school. Runi and Jumba’s friendship and their determination is an inspiration, but can these local activists take on a fight against international trades?
Now available for streaming on the New Yorker
○ Montrose Land x Sea Festival 2023
○ Aesthetica Film Festival Guest Programme 2022
○ Africa in Motion Film Festival 2022
○ Big Sky Documentary Film Festival 2022
○ Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival 2022
This film was created as part of the East African Stories programme, in partnership with British Council, Docubox, and DocA.